View previous topic View next topic Go down

On the Occasion of Ramadan

Post by muslimah-mom-friend on Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:15 am

As salaamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh
On the Occasion of Ramadan
By The Great Scholar His Eminence Shaikh
Abdul-Aziz ibn Baz
(رحمه اللّه)

In the name of Allah. All praise is for Allah and may His peace and blessings be upon His messenger, his family, companions, and all that follow his guidance.
On this occasion, the beginning of Ramadan, I advise my Muslim brothers [and sisters] to fear Allah the Mighty and Majestic, to rush to good deeds, to advise one another with the truth and patience upon it, to mutually cooperate upon righteousness and piety, and .... to refrain from all that Allah has prohibited of sin at all times, not to mention this noble month for it is the month in which goods deeds are multiplied and sins are forgiven for the one who fasts and prays having faith in Allah (believing in their obligation) and seeking the reward from Him in accordance with the statement of the Prophet (صلى اللّه عليه وسلم), “Whoever fasts Ramadan having faith in Allah (believing in their obligation) and seeking the reward from Him will have all that which has proceeded of sin forgiven”, “When Ramadan begins the doors to paradise are opened, the doors of the fire are locked, and the devils are chained”, ”Fasting is a shield, so if one of you fasts then let him not be crude or ignorant and if some one curses or fights you then say, I’m fasting”, and his (صلى اللّه عليه وسلم) statement, “Allah the Mighty and Majestic says, ‘Every deed of the children of Adam will be rewarded ten fold except fasting for it is for me and I reward for it as he left off his desires, food, and drink for my sake. The one fasting has two times of joy, joy when he breaks his fast and joy when he meets his Lord. The breath of the one fasting is more pleasant to Allah than the scent of musk.”

The Prophet (صلى اللّه عليه وسلم) used to give glad tidings to his companions of the beginning of Ramadan and would say, “The month of Ramadan has come to you, the month of blessing, in it Allah brings down mercy, forgives sins, answers prayers, and boasts to the angels about you thus Allah brings out the best in you for the miserable one is he who is prohibited from Allah’s mercy.” The Prophet (صلى اللّه عليه وسلم) also said, “Whoever does not give up false vain speech, acting by it, and ignorance then Allah is not in need of him giving up his food and drink.” It is narrated by Bukhari and there are many narrations regarding the virtue of Ramadan and encouragement of increasing in righteous deeds in it.

Therefore I advise my brothers to be upright in these days and nights and to rush to doing all types of good deeds such as reciting the Quran with reflection and understanding, mentioning Allah with praise and glorification, asking for forgiveness and paradise, seeking refuge with Him from the fire, etc. This is just as I advise them to increase in charity, aiding poor, being careful to calculate your zakat and giving it to those who are deserving of it along with calling to Allah the Glorified, teaching the ignorant, enjoining the good and forgiving the evil with ease and wisdom and good manner, refraining from all evil deeds, being constant in repentance and remaining upright on the truth acting in accordance with Allah’s statement,

وَتُوبُوا إِلَى اللَّهِ جَمِيعًا أَيُّهَا الْمُؤْمِنُونَ لَعَلَّكُمْ تُفْلِحُونَ

And all of you beg Allâh to forgive you all, O believers, that you may be successful. (An-Nur 24:31)

And

إِنَّ الَّذِينَ قَالُوا رَبُّنَا اللَّهُ ثُمَّ اسْتَقَامُوا فَلَا خَوْفٌ عَلَيْهِمْ وَلَا هُمْ يَحْزَنُونَ. أُوْلَئِكَ أَصْحَابُ الْجَنَّةِ خَالِدِينَ فِيهَا جَزَاء بِمَا كَانُوا يَعْمَلُونَ

Verily, those who say: "Our Lord is (only) Allâh," and thereafter Istaqâmû (i.e. stood firm and straight on the Islâmic Faith of Monotheism by abstaining from all kinds of sins and evil deeds which Allâh has forbidden and by performing all kinds of good deeds which He has ordained), on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve. Such shall be the dwellers of Paradise, abiding therein (forever), a reward for what they used to do. (Al-Ahqaf 46:13-14)

May Allah the Most Generous and Noble grant success to all in that which He is pleased with and fortify all from deception of trial and tribulation and the whispers and temptations of the Devil.

Translated by Eesa John Starling

July 6, 2009

For eDawah.com

muslimah-mom-friend
Gold Member

Female Posts : 229
Job/hobbies : English editing and tutoring, reading, cooking, crafts
Hajj : try to be loving and personable

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top