sisters-4-sisters (Islam in Ireland)
Asalam alaikom

Please login to get to the "members-only" sections

AWEPA meeting tomorrow Wednesday, 11th May, 5pm

View previous topic View next topic Go down

AWEPA meeting tomorrow Wednesday, 11th May, 5pm

Post by Clare on Tue May 10, 2011 5:01 pm

Interpreting the Arab Spring, AWEPA Meeting, Wednesday, 11th May, 5pm, Audiovisual Room.

It would be great to have any contribution by Muslim women

Date: Tue, 10 May 2011 10:00:24 +0100

Salams

Short notice on this one but if anyone is personally interested in attending this tomorrow evening and also can think of someone we work with from North Africa please spread the word. Looks interesting. To register just email Simon below.

Sent: 08 May 2011 19:33
To: Helen Lowry
Subject: Interpreting the Arab Spring, AWEPA Meeting, Wednesday, 11th May, 5pm, Audiovisual Room.

Hi Helen,

I wonder if you or anyone in MRCI would be interested in attending this on Wednesday. It would be great if you were in contact with any North African workers or people from the gulf states, I know there's a big labour perspective on these uprisings, certainly in Egypt. Equally importantly, it would be great to have any contribution by Muslim women

If anyone would like to attend, they just need to reply to me by email.

Thanks and hope all's well,

Simon.

-----Forwarded by Simon Murtagh/Oireachtas on 05/05/2011 02:15PM -----

To: Members
Date: 05/05/2011 02:05PM
Subject: Interpreting the Arab Spring, AWEPA Meeting, Wednesday, 11th May, 5pm, Audiovisual Room.

Dear Members,

Next Wednesday, 11th May, at 5pm in the Oireachtas Audiovisual Room, Dr. Vincent Durac of UCD will speak about the dramatic uprisings in Arab and North African countries in recent months. Dr. Durac lectures in the Politics of Development, the International Politics of the Middle East and Political Islam in the UCD School of Politics and International Relations.

After a short introduction by Dr. Durac, there will be an open discussion about these events and their importance, with particular reference to North Africa. All TDs and Senators are warmly encouraged to attend and to contribute to this discussion, particularly in the traditional AWEPA sense of support for democracy and human rights in Africa.

As this will be an open AWEPA meeting in the Audiovisual Room, Members are also welcome to invite constituents or contacts from outside the Oireachtas who may be interested to attend and contribute. Please contact me by email before Wednesday with the names of any guests who would like to attend.

We hope that you will join us next Wednesday evening to discuss these momentous events.

Regards,

Simon Murtagh.

Simon Murtagh
Policy Officer
AWEPA Irish Section
Leinster House, Dublin 2, Ireland.
Tel: +353 1 6184882
Email: simon.murtagh@oireachtas.ie
Internet: http://www.awepa.org/european-sections/78-ireland

I love you watch your weight Exercise Exercise bubblegum Let\'s dance Dance Praying watch your weight Wink
Clare
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 625
Comments : CLEANING + TIDYING = HAPPY HUSBAND
=>
HUGS + ATTENTION = HAPPY WIFE
Job/hobbies : Arts and crafts
Hajj : Did it when I was about 5 years muslim. I found the constant moving around form one place to another to be very unsettling. But alhamdililah I got to touch the Qaba. Medina was wonderful. The trips between Safa and Marwa most enjoyable.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top