Asalam alaikom

Please login to get to the "members-only" sections

the islamic calander

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: the islamic calander

Post by Guest on Sun May 09, 2010 2:13 am

asalamalakum,
i have just posted this as i thought it was of interest
if anybody sees any flaws in it that they would like too point out then please do in a way that would benefit the op and anybody else reading
this is not my words.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun May 09, 2010 2:44 am

Asalam alaikom Tahira

Yes it was interesting, but I am removing it because it states
"Sighting of the moon, to determine the new Islamic month, is an invention by the scholars." which is inaccurate.

There are many ahadith to prove this is incorrect. You will find them in the book Fiqh-us-Sunnah Volume 3 by As-Sayyid Sabiq translated by Abdul-Majid Khokhbar, Muhammad Sa'eed Dabas and Jam al-Din M. Zarabozo where the topic is dealt with in detail.

It is also part of the rules of Sisters-4-Sisters that the Sunnah is respected. Criticism, without proof, of the scholars is disrespectful of the Sunnah, so that is a breach (probably unintentional) of the rules.

Please know that I am not trying to hurt you or make you feel bad in any way. The reason I am stating this in public is that there have been other posts like this which had to be removed for the same reason.

So please sisters, before you post from a website, please make sure you have read it and confirmed to your satisfaction that it falls within the rules for Sisters-4-Sisters. I don't want to hurt people by taking their voice away, by removing or editing their posts and I am sorry, but I have no choice here.

Please forgive me if I have hurt any of you, it is not my intention. Sometimes it is better to say nothing than to unknowingly propagate (by posting) that which is not true.
Carima
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 634
Comments : Where is Allah? Who was Muhammed? What is your book?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun May 09, 2010 3:06 am

no it is not better too say nothing
educate those that do not know
and if you remove things that are unsuitable without saying how will that person know that it is not right if they dont have the oppertunity too go back over it
what about leaving it up and posting as you did on this occasion and that will give the op and anyone else an oppertunity too research this item and see if it is so and if it is wrong well it was an oppertunity too learn aabout the wrongs and the rights
and yes your right any mistakes are unintentional
who ever i would just like too make a point of using tecnoligly is it not aload if available as we are an advanced nation and i thought that was incouraged
i said it was interesting but it doesnt by no means mean it is law or fact i just thought it was worth exploreing ,no need too bin everything,people can read and research,if there is stuff out there giving wrong information then we should not hide it so as too make it not,we make it known .
inshalah i have not insulted the scholars allah knows my intentions
x goodnight salamzz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top